Avoiding delay before surgery in Medical Tourism is important to arrive at a hospital in good health. At Malvazinky Clinic, we will do all the tests again, but for example, the tooth infection can move the operation for a few days. From our many years of experiences we highly recommend to complete this health tests no more than 1 month before the Joint Replacement.
- Dental check. A dental check-up is essential to find any infection in your teeth or gums. All must be treated before hip replacement to eliminate the risk that bacteria from infected teeth enter the bloodstream and end up infecting the hip implants.
- Heart check. Most of the heart disease is hidden until the heart is under pressure. So it is the best to find out ahead of the time if your heart is healthy enough for hip replacement surgery.
- General practitioner check. Blood test, X-rays, risky are heart and lung disease, infection, obesity, and diabetes or hepatitis.
- Gynecological examination. Very often the reason to delay the surgery by women are the covered gynecological problems.
- Your specialist who you regularly visit with your already known health issues like a diabetic specialist.
Currently, in these days, we are dealing with a patient in her sixties from Russia who arrived at our clinic with a year old lung X-rays. When we performed new tests, we found lung cancer. The operation is postponed, and the patient has to fly back.
Avoiding delay before surgery in Medical Tourism is important to arrive in a hospital in good health.